I did these (vegan) truffles a couple months ago, for my mum’s birthday party as little takeaway gifts. They are easy to make (actually the longest part is to shape equally sized little balls) and are a great snack for in-between and a perfect match with your coffee. Keep them in the refrigerator if you don’t eat them right away. 😉
Ingredients (for 20-25 truffles)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 10 dates
- 2 tbsp almond puree
- Grated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 30 min.
- If you dont have readily made almond puree, you can make it yourself- just blend a handful of almonds (preferably soak them beforehand as well) and set aside. No need to add sugar or oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a blender, except for the grated coconut.
- Once the dough is homogeneous, shape it into little truffles.
- Roll the truffles either in the grated coconut or in cocoa powder (or both!).
- Place in the refrigerator to set.